simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: ODD SHOTS - A BIRD IN THE HAND
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, April 21, 2008

ODD SHOTS - A BIRD IN THE HAND

This is a chafinch that flew straight at the window of my house. I went out, put him back on his feet and sat trying to coax him round for hours. Eventually, he jumped on my hand and wouldn't go away. I already had the tripod set up, so I used the remote to snap him. I had to run round the garden flapping my arms trying to get him to fly off. The neighbours really thought i'd lost it this time.

Finally he left, finding the courage to take flight. I feed the birds in the back garden, so I quite often spend hours warding off cats and sparrowhawks, but this is the only one who jumped onto my hand. I hope this one qualifies for an odd enough odd shot for today.

For more odd shots see KATNEY

Katney's Kaboodle is also the place to join odd shots monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL