simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: TELEPHONE WIRES
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TELEPHONE WIRES

I've taken this image several times and each time I show someone they always ask the same questions. What country is that in, and what are they? When I tell them it's actually here, the Isle of Man, in fact the road along Ramsey Harbour Inlet, they always look at me bemused. They always assume it's an image from countries as diverse as North America to India, not a city, but a small town you pass through on the local bus.

They are just telephone wires, along Ramsey Harbour Inlet. Something we pass daily, use daily, and don't give a second thought to. Maybe I notice these parts of my town beacuse I am a photographer, just mooching for an innocuous object to capture. Maybe I'm just plain curious. I wonder then what do you notice in your hometown that goes without a second glance each day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL