simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: 200th POST, RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO.
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, October 6, 2008

200th POST, RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO.

My 200th post. Not quite what you was expecting was it? In fact I had no planned image, nothing specific, but I found this fun lively image and just couldn't resist it. A contrast to yesterday's arty shot, a colourful image of the fun and games that happen when we have Ramsey Day during the TT. It's also one of the limited images I have of just people, and a lot of you have requested to see some locals, so here they are letting their hair down. I'll try and include more people but it's dfficult in a small private community.

Back to the word for the 100th post Xenodochial

Xenodochial then? What a funny word! It is according to varied sources an obsolete word, rarely used word, Greek, and/or Southern Hopitality. Xenon of course is Greek for stranger. Xenophobia is the fear of strangers, naturally. But was of this curious little word? Xenodochial literally means friendly and hospitable to strangers. What a fabulous word to sum up The Isle of Blogging and the CDP community.

The kindness of strangers who have consistantly supported this tiny island blog, encouraged me to continue, emailed me, blog awarded me, linked me, and even put me on the Community favourites list. Again I wouldn't have known this unless one of you hadn't emailed me.

I have lots of projects ongoing due to the blog, latest being to write an article for a museum to do with a Manx item. This is what I meant about taking a new turn. It's the writing now and the photography combined. Thanks to the North American Manx Association who actually wrote a post about the blog after finding me and introducing me to a whole new audience. Thanks To Dave McMahon for the honours shared for post of the day. Motoaction, Andree for the negotiations with the magazine, and thanks to Karl for the heads up on all the places that I'm being linked too and want to use me, in a nice way obviously

Gary, Marley, Virginia, Knoxville Girl, Scarlet, Laurie, Kelly, Bibi, Brett, Chuck, Louis La Vache, Mrs Nesbitt, Blue, Aileni, Dragonstar, Laxeylass, Mannanan's Cloak, Old Man Lincoln, Lake lady, Jim, Hyde dp, Mr Wigger, Olivier, Angela, Jackie, Eki,Stephen, Crazy Cath, Brad... I could go on. Thank you so much for just the conituned support, shared ideas and for endorsing my reputation on the net as the place to go for images,opinions, advice, wit and perhaps sometimes more than you bargained for. You have made me the blogger I am today. Aha! Now I can blame you lot.

What of the next 200 who knows. Maybe the escaped wallaby, the Manx fairies the odd celebrity. As you have discovered, Ramsey is a weird and wonderful place and I'll capture the Manx spirit for the blog.

Tarra,

B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL