simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: NEW WAVE - TALL SHIP IN RAMSEY HARBOUR
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

NEW WAVE - TALL SHIP IN RAMSEY HARBOUR

NEW WAVE
Babooshka

ABC - Letter N.

What is it though? It's a rare sight in Ramsey Harbour although these never used to be. So what is it. Well It's not the new Swimming pool you can see over on the right with the curving roof. No, It's actually the red and white Tall Ship you moored, called the "New Wave." I snapped this shot very quickly as I was literally running onto somehwere else, so a quick not thought out snap for a change.

This is actually a grand sight to see in the harbour, a real blast from the past because this is the very harbour that the STAR OF INDIA or the Euterpe as you may know it was built. Yes the one that has been loving restored and is berthed in San Diego. If you click on the words Star of India above it will take you to my post about it with an image of the commemorative plaque here in Ramsey. The Isle of Man has strong links with the sea, as do most islands. From the Bounty, The Jane, The Island Yacht Race to The Book the " English Passengers" we have had a wonderful variety of sailors and ships.

Speaking of books, how would you like to swap a book you no longer want for one you have always wanted to read, re read, or to try out out something new? Try this great new blog BOOK SWAPPERS . I know I'll be in on this.

I'm late tonight, and a little light on the visiting. I'm on a mission to curb someone's enthusiasm (to put it kindly) on mimicking my writing style and suggesting( now that is being polite) that this very blog, content and images be their very own. You poor deluded fool. I am onto you, thanks to copyscape and Google alerts. It's a small island I will find you. Game On!

Want to join ABC got the lovely hostess with the mostest, MRS NESBITT'S PLACE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL