simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: RAMSEY BUS STATION - SILHOUETTE
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RAMSEY BUS STATION - SILHOUETTE

Ramsey Bus Station Silhouette Babooshka

Not that you can see it but the bus station is the building on the left under the sliver of the mountain. On the right hand side you can see the outline of the tree you have seen before. The one with the huge hand sign on it. To the right of the tree you can trace out the outline of chimney pots. Some days you will actually see smoke rising from those pots, especially with the price of fuel this ensuing winter.

Why Silhouette? The weather and lighting conditions were fairly poor so again work with them, not against them. I took several, trying to obscure as much as the sun as I could, but with light enough to serve as a backlight, to bleach/whitewash the sky, but keep a little cloud definition. Again just fiddle around with the manual setting until you get the desired effect. A simple desaturation to strip the image of any colour, like the road lines or cars to finish the job. No need to alter contrast or brightness, as I wanted to keep the sliver of ground light.

I'll show you Ramsey Bus Station in a more visible straightforward image next week.Only if you're good boys and girls, I'll even throw in a bus, hell I'll even show the bus queue of locals. The image today was purely for me. Not meant to be a work of art or indeed show you much of Ramsey. Just an image I shot this week that I personally like, of an outline from an angle I favour.

I'm Blog hopping light again. Apologises for my lack of response to emails, I'll get there. Not just the blog plagiarist to contend with, but my usual printing site and I may be parting the ways which means I'm also sorting out that end of the photography business end.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Wrong!
It's theft, get your own blog or pay for my words and images.
To the theif.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL