simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: BACK DOOR SLAM
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, September 15, 2008

BACK DOOR SLAM

Back Door Slam
Laxey Blues Festival
When they were a baby band!

One from the archives, my own personal little olympus shots. Not a work shot, which is why it's
not a great shot. This shot is has nothing to do with photography today, but the music. So why a shot of this band today? Read on.

Back Door Slam are a blues band from the Isle Of Man. I could enthuse all day about this band, not just because they are genuine homegrown talent, but beacuse they are exceptionally talented musicians. I was lucky enough to see these lads, when they really were boys at the Laxey Blues Festival a few years back. They even jammed in a local pub afterwards. Everyone knew then these lads had something special.

This week I got an email telling me the blog had been name checked along with the band. Followed the link to guess what little old Backdoor Slam who are setting the world a light in Colarado at the Telluride Blue and Brews Festival. To see and read more about the festival check out Lisa, Telluride DP which has a great round up of festival posts. Anything in blue by the way is a link.

One day I would like to just wander into Backdoor Slam in Ramsey, take pics and publicise them on the blog. Give us a shout next time you are this way lads. I'd also like to photograph Pink Floyd, but sad news RICK WRIGHT died today aged 65 after a long battle with cancer. I really am saddened by this . Photography is a passion, a job, but music is my love affair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL