simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: BLACK TULIP FOUND IN RAMSEY?
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BLACK TULIP FOUND IN RAMSEY?

Ok I lied! No such thing as a black one. Well The Manx fairies might be hiding one in Ramsey.

Obviously it's a tulip, but a tulip with a twist a study in black and white. This is me playing around with composition, textures, light and monochrome using a portrait lens. I nickname this my "Ikea" image. It's the kind of image multi chain stores charge a fortune for, even though they are mass produced, therefore paying for the name of the store rather than the photographer or an individual image. I disagree with this philosophy. I sell this image en mass, therefore the price is reflected as such, and the image is priced as per my other images, a lot cheaper than Ikea and the like. If this photo were for a sole client, a unique piece of artwork, then the price would reflect that and obviously retail at a higher premium. You want an exclusive you may top dollar. You want off the peg reprint of a reprint, you pay a low dollar. Either way I get paid and eat, you get some thing pretty ans arty to look at. Does anyone else agree with me on this, or am I a lone voice tilting at modern day corporate windmills?

As you can tell I am still basically housebound until this bug/flu/thingy goes away. Hence the proper stock photography shot. I hate taking flowers unless I can do them my way, like this homage to noir. This is a close to a proper lights camera action shot I will allow on this blog. After all photogenic modelling arty farty tulips are all very well but they are not downtown as it happens unrehearsed Ramsey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL