simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: DEAD OR ALIVE WITH COLOUR?
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, July 18, 2008

DEAD OR ALIVE WITH COLOUR?

Well I don't know about anyone else but the weather here has been nothing like summer. The camera hasn't seen much action this week, apart from the shots I need to take. Take yesterday. I went out loaded with 3 lenses, started upon my usual path through the nature reserve and the heavens opened. What to do? To far in to go home, not far enough to seek the shelter of one of the numerous cafes in town. Nothing for it but to try and shelter under the trees.

I never, ever let any water near the camera. They are completely allergic to rain so no, this photo wasn't yesterday, but it was the spot I was sheltering. I saw this image I had taken earlier in the week and remembered why I'd taken it. How many of us have library photos that were a good idea at the time, but can't recall what that was?

For tones and colours of the great outdoors, autumn(fall) is my favourite season. These withered dying leaves were autumn in hue so it was the obvious shot. That's when it struck me that the leaves that were dying were actually the most alive and vibrant in colour of all the living plants and foliage surrounding me. Now, is this slightly mad, have I got cabin fever living on a small island or does anyone else agree with me.?

What then is your favourite season to photograph, not necessarily your favourite season, but the one that your camera loves?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL