simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: HEY HEY WE'RE THE TYNWALD
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HEY HEY WE'RE THE TYNWALD

In complete contrast to yesterday's living legend photo of Lou Reed taking a walk on the wild side, we have Tynwald taking a walk on the mild side.

Sunday was the last day of Ramsey Week activities. Gary and I had a walk around Mooragh Park and happened upon, stalls and kiddies activities and just outside the cafe at the far end this band Tynwald. Obviously the name is from the Isle of Man Parliament called The Tynwald. What a great name for a home grown Manx band. They definitely seemed to be a fun bunch of fellows, belting out an array of older classics for the eager crowd that had gathered. What's really annoying is I've tried to find out more about the band to no joy. The Isle of Man news link and Manx Radio links are down, so again, if anyone can fill me in I'd love to to do an update on the guys.

A quick tip on the photo. I wanted to highlight the triangle of reds especially the Legs of Man on the drum. Honestly it's not hard just using a little photoshop. Take the saturation down to almost all the colour has gone on the master, all colours. Then push the saturate up again, but switch the master to reds. This way it took the green out and left the red, and the beige on the skin tones, guitar and brickwork. Wanted it to have an older feel without sepia, or monochrome, as I wanted the red triangle of colour to pop out. Try it it's so simple, honest. Hint it works a treat on red roses. My photos are generally as I take them, but if and when I manipulate an image for a specific effect I will always let you know how.

So I am eagerly awaiting for your photo results and any Tynwald feedback.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL