simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: 100th POST. ABC WEDNESDAY - X IS FOR XENODOCHIAL
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

100th POST. ABC WEDNESDAY - X IS FOR XENODOCHIAL

My 100th post just happened to coincide with ABC Wednseday and one of the hardest letters to work with. I was tempted to have xenophobia aimed squarely at those idiots who email me to tell me stop the blog on the grounds I'm not from Ramsey, but I didn't want to tar perfectly good people with an image, just to illustrate the point. Instead I found this happier pic, from the archives which suited my needs for today.

Xenodochial then? What a funny word! It is according to varied sources an obsolete word, rarely used word, Greek, and/or Southern Hopitality. Xenon of course is Greek for stranger. Xenophobia is the fear of strangers, naturally. But was of this curious little word? Xenodochial literally means friendly and hospitable to strangers. What a fabulous word to sum up The Isle of Man TT Races, Blogging and the CDP community.

The kindness of strangers who have consistantly supported this tiny island blog, encouraged me to continue, emailed me, blog awarded me, linked me, and even put me on the Community favourites list. Fleetingly of course. Again I wouldn't have known this unless one of you hadn't emailed me.

So, in a way X turned out to be a fortuitous letter. Xenodochial is alive and kicking in the blog world, if not in my own home town. Cheers.

Like to join ABC Wednesday? Please got to this link, MRS NESBITT'S PLACE
Mrs Nesbitt is the host for ABC Wednesday, where you can find details for joining, her own ABC shot to comment on and a list of fellow bloggers who are playing today, who would also appreciate your comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL