simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: WHITE BRIDGE RAMSEY, POYLL DOOEY NATURE RESERVE
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, July 21, 2008

WHITE BRIDGE RAMSEY, POYLL DOOEY NATURE RESERVE

For a fellow blogger excellent you should visit, Jackie GLASCOW

Another Ramsey Landmark, and one of Babooshka's regular haunts is the aptly, if not imaginatively named White Bridge. The bridge is situated in The Poyll Dooey Nature Reserve and crosses over the Sulby river. The hill you can see on the left in the distance is Skyhill as in the battle which I have covered before in the viking posts. It's basically a single file pedestrian only bridge, although bikes and motorbikes can be walked but not ridden across. It really is quite a narrow, sturdy but perfectly formed walkway.

When looking for information about this bridge, again, I either came back to my own links or just found the vaguest reference, or uncorroborated info, which I need to confirm. Even images seemed limited. The Poyll Dooey Reserve is just the same. This is a specific area that has been set aside as a nature reserve/wetlands site for wildlife and yet it's almost as if it's some dirty little secret the island is ashamed of. To say I am exasperated by this is an understatement. I have a few ideas where to find text to post with my photos I regularly take of this place, so I will elaborate more soon. So Jackie, I will be showing so much more of my beautiful reserve, which has already featured in most of my skywatch shots, litter shots and river shots hopefully soon.

Oh yes one more thing. Can I suggest you trawl the internet for your own images. Let's just say
some people steal images for their own ends, pass them off as theirs, or unknown source and re use them, er sometimes in blogs would you believe! I am onto them, and it won't be pretty. Copyright means hands of, pay, or ask permission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL