simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: WHAT IS RAMSEY WEEK?
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WHAT IS RAMSEY WEEK?

Ramsey week occurs round about this time each year and is as it says, a week of events and activities dedicated to the town that bears the name of this blog. This year the dates fall from 5th July to 13th July. After the TT this will be my busiest camera time as there will be something different to photograph daily. Obviously I can't attend all events, but I'll certainly snap were cameras are welcome, not overlapping or when I can attend.

The list is subject to change but basically there are events as diverse as Lifeboat Day, vintage photographic exhibitions, coffee mornings, motorbike displays, plays, fetes, Farmer's Markets, Manx Singing competitions, Classic Car rally and much more. Ramsey Rocks is my favourite, a one nightly event of live music along the harbour, a street party. This year we are supposed to be having not only the bands, but belly dancers. Now that in Ramsey is a sight I'd like to see and most definitely photograph!

This week always tends to be a success. I think it's one of those times when the town lets it hair down and the locals show the fun side of themselves. Good news for me is I won't be the only one with a camera so I can mingle inconspicuosly amongst the revellers, looking out for some lively locals to immortalise, virtually in blogland. So ladies, gents and kiddiwinks, be on your best behaviour, smiles at the ready, I want to show the world Ramsey Rocks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL