simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: BABOOSHKA AND THE CORMORANT
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BABOOSHKA AND THE CORMORANT

I adore the cormorants that hang around the harbour, but for the life of me can I take a photo of them I am happy with? These birds are my nemesis! I have more chance of catching a darting swallow with the wrong speed setting on than catching the difinitive cormorant shot I desire. I seem to be in the minority though. Other people really get a kick out of it. After all the buying public know best. I am merely the lunatic running around Ramsey or Rhumsaa if you want the Norse, the Manx version of the town name chasing the shot in my head they may not actually exist. I like it as an action shot, but it's not my favourite bird shot. It is however, the one that outsells the others.

The reason for this photo today is to illustrate photography, in the main, is in the eye of the beholder, not the photographer. I often get asked to critique work and was asked by a fellow blogger if I would like to pitch in with a post he was publishing concerning photography tips. I did, but I also said that I would transfer people over to his blog and his post, as he has written a really great article about it all, succinctly and very user friendly. He's also a really fantastic photographer with a very down to earth honest approach to the business of photography and life of a photographer. For all of you out there who would like to advance your skills, learn a little more, or just purely enjoy an outstanding body of work, hop over to 365 BRETT TRAFFORD
You will learn more about photography here than most places I have been on the net and will want to pay frequent visits as I do. It's always great to appreciate anothers work without the responsibility of having created the images. Can't empahsise enough how worthwhile for the budding photographer at whatever level the hop over to his blog is. The particular post you are looking for is entitled "Eating Raoul"

Today I'd be interested to know, to you print the images you take as photographs, or are they for pc use?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL