simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, June 13, 2008

A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

The sea is normally calmer than this around Ramsey Promenade, but today it was a on the choppy side. I took a few just for stock/wallpaper and thought I'd use one for a fellow blogger. It's been a tough week for a few bloggers out there for one reason and another, but one especially has had it just that bit harder than most. Being caught between a rock and a hard place is just about how her emotions are at the moment, and like the sea today awash with the blues. No names, no pact drill, just to say it's rough at the moment, but the the tide will turn around and the way to blue, will be bryter later(intentional spelling, re Nick Drake.)

Going off at a complete tangent about older posts. When I put a piece together I do my resaearch. One of my earliest posts featured a piece of artwork that I could have been graffiti could have been artwork. I posted the pic and asked the question which did the reader think it was. I drew a blank on the image, which has subsequently been painted over and put the post to bed. Thanks to MANNANANS CLOAK , I now know about the piece in question. It was indeed artwork. Here's the messgae I received.


"Anyway the picture in question was taken in Douglas of a wall painting which now you say has sadly been painted over. Great piccie by the way as they always, are but I know the artist, Well not so much know the artist as my wife knows her. G, my wife is 99.9% certain that it was painted by her friend Sheena Graham-George who used to be a resident of the island. In fact she lived in Ramsey off North Shore Road but left to live in the Orkneys a few years back. G got to know Sheena as when we first came to live in this fantastic place she didn't work and instead went to art classes where Sheena was the teacher. Anyway thought you'd like to know.....Cheers"

So thank you MANNANANS CLOAK for taking the time and trouble to let me know about this. It had bugged me that no one could even allude to who had created the work. I will try and follow this lead up aswell as I do have another image from the same place. At least it's now been documented by myself and hopefully others out there.

Have you ever had a post that someone has contacted you about to fill in the blanks for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL