simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: SKYWATCH FRIDAY - RAMSEY HARBOUR SUNSET
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - RAMSEY HARBOUR SUNSET


I haven't had a sunset or a sunrise for skywatch for a while but wanted to use this image, this week and today seemed most appropriate. It's from my friends flat again Paliament Street, looking onto the harbour industry bulidings. The colours reminded me of an old saying and I wondered does anyone out there, remember this or have a different version?

"Read sky at night, shepherd's delight. Red sky in morning shepherds's warning."

Gary has just told me that he remembers it but he said "sailor" instead of "shepherd." He's from Fleetwood, a costal town in the North Of England and I'm from Birmingham, the second city in the UK. It explains why Gary would substitute the word sailor, but not why I would use the word shepherd, although many moons ago before the industrial revolution Birmingham was quite rural. Either way it's a prediction using the sky's palette of the upcoming weather.

So, do you recall this saying, or have you got a different one ?

If you want to particpate in skywatch see Jane & Tom at WIGGERS WORLD.
Only genuine skywatchers need apply. None of your advertising for sales sites please. This is for enthusiasts only and hosted by Tom of the fabulous WIGGERS WORLD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL