simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: BATTERED BUT NOT BROKEN
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, June 9, 2008

BATTERED BUT NOT BROKEN

How many of us feel like this boat? know I do at the moment. I have camera fatigue presently. I also have something called P.T.T. S. It's not serious, but it does stand for Post T.T. Syndrome. Perhaps a fit of the blues would be more apt, and less dramatic.

Since moving here 5 years ago, 5 T.T.'s have resulted in this melancholia. I love the buzz, the atmosphere, the friendly tourists and bikers. The island comes alive, good customer service occurs and the sun always shines. Reality check today. Buses late, shop service poor, weather inclement and photographers viewed with a suspicious eye. Afterall, what could you possibly want to photograph now the TT is over? Oh I don't know, maybe everyday real life for future generations to see how their ancestors lived. It just doesn't compute.

So basically I'm sifting through photos for sale re TT for just about every country in the world, apart from the one that is home. This I find depressing. It's ironic to me that this blog is largely ignored here, yet foreign magazines, musuems and tourists are after my pics and follow the blog.
I have tried to raise the profile of the Isle of Man, but it seems the island is only interested in Manx failures. If this blog folded, and I was Manx, the the island would be happy as it could blame the world for ignoring it.

Fortunately, like Tigger, me and my trusty camera will bounce back within a day ot two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL