simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: CAN YOU SPOT THE BIKERS WAVING AT BABOOSHKA?
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, May 30, 2008

CAN YOU SPOT THE BIKERS WAVING AT BABOOSHKA?







Here they are then the TT tourists! These images portray a tiny fraction of the thousands of people that are setting foot on the island as I type. It's been building slowly, but this first friday always see the great swelling of numbers.

The images are in no particular order, just a mix to give you a flavour of my town around 6pm friday evening. I took them from 3 different sides of the crossroads at Parliament Square. You can see glimpses of the Swan and Central pubs, the Town Hall and Library and Ray Motors Garage. Compact is a word that comes to mind. For UK readers if I said Ramsey reminds me of Trumpton, they would understand the sentiment. Trumpton was a 70's kids tv show, a tiny town which had all facilities more or less within inches of each other. Not aware of it having Pubs though! That's why I draw the comparision between the two.

This post is a bit of a hit and run. Didn't get to the laptop 'til late so a quick upload, grab a few, quick crop, desaturate and post. They're just to give you an idea what happens to a kind of "Smallsville" town during the biggest even of the year. So did you spot the two bikers (yes two, if you enlarge) waving at me and the Japanese tourist resetting his camera missing all the action. I hope it's gets the setting right before the races or he won't stand a chance.

Collecting the T.Shirt and will be wearing later today. I'll give you all a wave on the T.V if they fim my way

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL