simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: RAMSEY LIGHTHOUSE
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

RAMSEY LIGHTHOUSE



I will not have a cable for my laptop until next weekend, so in the meantime all images this week will still be of Ramsey but from older stock. You may notice my real name appears on them as these are my copyrighted images from my sales site. I will answer emails and comments as and when I can. Basically when I can get access via the and only internet cafe or my partners laptop, when it's free, which isn't that often.

The island is full of lighthouses, very individual to each part of the area. This one stands on Ramsey Jetty North Jetty. It is distinguishable from the other Jetty Lighthouse in Ramsey by the weather vane that appears atop it. The lighthouse was buit in 1854 and why it has a weather vane atop I do not know, but that's the Isle of Man for you, full of quirky little ideas and structures that set it apart.

So, what quirky little items do you have in your area and does anyone else have a lighthouse with a weather vane?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL