simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: RAMSEY SWIMMING BATHS
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, May 23, 2008

RAMSEY SWIMMING BATHS



We have a perfectly good swimming baths already, just off St paul's Square where my last two post have been from, so why they are building this one is anyone's guess. We asked for a cinema. Perhaps it was a typo, or the the wording got lost in (the Manx) translation, but instead of the cinema, we don't have and need, we get a new swimming baths, we don't need. Town Planners, who obviously don't reside here, must surely be responsible. The image amused me as to the left you can see a mock up billboard of the shiny new building when finished, basking under a brilliant blue sky and solitary cloud, which I tried to emulate. Enlarge to see.

Today I'm going to mention fellow bloggers who for varied reasons known to me deserve a namecheck. It's something I'm going to do more of as I do feel the blogging community has astonished me with your interest in this tiny island. It's a way of saying thanks and perhaps sharing blogs you may not previously have come across.

Congratulations must go to a fellow photgrapher 365 BRETT TRAFFORD who has reached the finals of the best of blogs in the hobby section. I'm not at all surprised and thrilled for Brett, who is a superb photographer and writes a very eclectic mix of posts. I've already voted and drumming up support for him. If you can, have a wander round his blog. It's really worth it.

For pandering to my whims by starting the blog in the first place BIRMINGHAM UK . It's special to me beacuse it's the place I was born and raised long before I came to the Isle of Man. Engalnd's second city never looked so good, and the text to go with it has been well researched. I have learnt a lot of my old home town from this blog. Well worth spending some time there.

Finally today a blog that is very close to my heart BARKER BITES BACK! . I know how much effort this guy puts into his work, often into the early hours, and weekends, working to very stringent deadlines. The work of a cartoonist is far more time consuming and isolating than that of a photographer, especially when his work has to represent such respectable organisations such as the BBC. Really worth popping over to this blog and leaving your thoughts. Why so important to me? He's my partner that's why and he's been so supportive of my decison to quit banking for photography that a public thanks was deserved.

The tourists are arriving so I will try and snap some. Determined to get some people in my blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL