simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: MARSH ORCHID
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MARSH ORCHID


Moghrey mie. That's good morning in Manx.


Ramsey in Bloom, another local event, will be here soon and I thought it was about time I posted more of the flora from the island. After viewing some of the lovely orchids for last weeks ABC (hosted kindly by mrs nesbitt ) on so many bloggers posts, I thought I'd show one too. Orchids though aren't the easiest flowers to find, especially Marsh Orchids. You can hunt for hours for one to no avail and then find one by accident, like this one from the Wildlife Park, Ramsey. Have you noticed you always find the perfect flower to photograph on a windy day? So no tripod, no macro, and a not so gentle a breeze couldn't prevent me from snapping this Marsh Orchid.


Actually I'm not so sure what this is? Can anyone identify it correctly. What kind of Marsh Orchid is it? I googled Marsh Orchids and wow, what a variety. So hard to narrow down and pinpoint using pc images, well it is for the enthusiast, but not expert. I'm confident that in the world of blogging more than one of you stoping by today will be able to help the photographer identify what she's capturing. Of course I'll be sure to give you can mention on fridays post for helping me out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL