simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: THEME DAY - MY CORNER LOCAL SHOP
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

THEME DAY - MY CORNER LOCAL SHOP

There seems to be a pattern running throughout the blogs today that "corner shops" are a thing of yesteryear, to be replaced by one stops shops or supermarkets. Even this island has few old fashioned corner shops now. I do however shop at this tiny mall for that most British of things, my "daily newspaper." Everything else I buy online, the supermarket, or go to the biggest town on the island Douglas to purchase goods.

I admire the sentiments behind todays theme, but the sad reality is corner shops are fast becoming a thing of the past. Maybe this kind of day can help stop the march of time and make those of us who still have the local corner shop appreciate it more.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Check out my post yesterday if you are motorbike enthusiast, or know what the TT is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL