simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: GLADSTONE PARK, RAMSEY, ISLE OF MAN
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, August 25, 2008

GLADSTONE PARK, RAMSEY, ISLE OF MAN

A couple of week ago I posted the back view of Gladstone Park at a distance. This is the close up view of one of the main buildings. The bird flying is an optional accessory, but it has been pointed out they frequently play a cameo role in my images even when they are not the main subject, I thought I would continue the trend. I digress. Back to Gladstone Park.

Despite the vandalised window and the spot of damp it's a buildings that's still in use. In fact the Industrial Park houses business as diverse as the Post Office Depot, to Chrystals Auction Rooms.
It's a real Art Deco kind of building and I for one want to see it remain here. I posted a similar article before about what is too happen to this place and rumours are still rife. Everything from demolishing the park and building a new Tescos to a new Housing Estate. I did have some feedback from a few people who are not in the know but "know a man who is" but the rumour mill is still grinding. The most frustrating thing is now is I am coming straight back to my own blog when I try and search any info on Gladstone Park. Does that happen to you when you research your own town?

So does anyone at all know anything about the future of Gladstone Park? One for Island Residents.

One for Google Earth Feejit. Hello I do not live in, Douglas, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. I live in Ramsey, Isle of Man. We deserve you to place us accordingly please. It's very confusing for readers who are new. It's hard enough explaining where the Isle Of Man is but, to uproot us to Scotland is just not on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL