simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: SULBY RIVER, RAMSEY, ISLE OF MAN
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, August 18, 2008

SULBY RIVER, RAMSEY, ISLE OF MAN

The image today is strictly for me. Purely selfish I know, but Ramsey has been under torrential rainfall for over a week now. Just wanted to remind myself what a blue sky day looked like. Ooh look it looks like that (insert your own adjective) image above. I know it could have a contender, you know a waterfront image for skywatch, but well my needs to see a touristy image today are greater.

The Sulby River as we have mentioned before is one of those lovely viking names they left their mark with on the island. I know this upsets a few Manxies out there, but you know some you of you are viking stock you can't deny it. Anyway the Sulby. It's the largest river in the Isle Of Man. Starting at the hills of Tholt y will, through, Sulby Glen and Village, through deep and shallow, pooling into waterfalls, past Lezayre, Ramsey, into the harbour, and into the Irish sea.
It's apparently good for salmon fishing when it's been as wet as this. Well yippe for those fisherman but bad news for me. My walkway down by the riverbanks is under water at the moment.

Teckie bit.

Manual,
Wide angled lens, zoom full
ISO 200
Sunny
F4

Ah wasn't that nice! So for posting such a pretty, yummy shot of Ramsey with sensible(almost) writing you do know I will have to post an ugly Ramsey pic soon. All in the name of balance of course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL