simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: SKYWATCH FRIDAY - ILL MET BY SUNLIGHT IN RAMSEY
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - ILL MET BY SUNLIGHT IN RAMSEY

Yes that is sunlight. Nothing complicated at all about the shot. Have all your setting on for the sunniest day, fooling the camera, which will compensate by underplaying the light needed therefore you get this night time in wonderful Ramsey feel.

I did have another shot prepared but then why should a shot be prepared for skywatch? Isn't skywatch all about just taking the sky on the spur of the moment to share and say, hey, this is my beautiful, dreary, sunny, rainy blue, grey sky today. Just a thought! You know I think too much!

I took this literally along the road we live. Firstly I saw the oil droplets and the prism colours thrown out by the sunlight, next the adjacent cloud. Rain or wet surfaces can actually be a bonus for the photographer( by that I mean the person holding the camera, professional and non professional.) Anything photographed over by or near water automatically becomes reflective or textured. Note the wetter parts of the path and road have the most tonal value. Finally it was just noticing that chip in the kerb/sidewalk and how the puddle hadn't risen above it. The oddest part of all for me with the downpour we'd had.

Now I know a lot of people would have cloned the chipped kerb back in, cropped it slightly, and boosted the prism colours but to me there is no need. It's just the sunlight, cloud and sky
in a puddle. Why make it complex, it's odd enough as it it and real. What's wrong with realism in a shot. It's a blog, not a tourist guide. Saying that if the I.O.M Tourist Board want some excellent pretty, pretty shots of Ramsey, you know where to come, but you still pay the going rate.

"We are all in the gutter, some of us are just looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Some of us also have a double ear infection which is really annoying them this week, but I can most definitely see those stars! I have nothing to declare but my (photographic) genius!

Today if you leave a comment my challenge to you is not to use these words, the most over used words when describing a photograph. Go on you can do it, be brave.

Juxtaposition
Perspective
Angle
Composition
Contrast

Also go to this link BARKER BITES BACK! and do the same.

To join skywatch go to SKYWATCH
The concept was Dot's, the next host WIGGERS WORLD the guardians of skywatch now are Tom, Imac and Sandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL