simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: RAMSEY ,ON REFLECTION, SKYWATCH
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

RAMSEY ,ON REFLECTION, SKYWATCH


RAMSEY ON REFECTION
BY BABOOSHKA

I was at a loss this week what image to post. Let me explain. I've had a run of creative skywatch images and tried to explain to those that ask how I take the images. By this I mean, the camera setting, the lighting conditions time of day, low high shot, what lens, focal point etc. I was basically trying to convey how to get the best out of often not picturesque surrounding under some very poor conditions and limited subject matter. I did this in response to the emails I received and thought it would be easier to back up the written explanation with an image as an example. Mostly the feedback was positive, but strangely some wrongly assumed I was just being a smartypants(not quite the words used) and just showing off.

That was never the intention. I was simply responding to questions asked and trying to convey how to get the best out of your camera whether that be a point and shoot, no frills or your top of the range all singing all dancing camera.

So this week I have simply shot a straightforward reflection shot. Again for those that like to know this stuff it was a manual setting, 2pm, good light. F4, ISO 200. No tripod used. Practise just gently coaxing the button to shoot rather than push down. This stops the jerking motion that often makes the image tip to one side rather than get the straight line you originally shoot. No alterations, just resized from a large 4MB file to a manageable 75kb for the blog.

A couple of other things. I'm considering putting a live feed on the blog, not to spy on people, so please don't feel obliged to comment if you drop by. It's strickly business stats. Would everyone be ok with this? The other is if anyone at all, has a problem with me can they email me. Please do not leave inappropriate comments on other peoples blogs. It's very rude and personally offensive. I never leave any negative feedback it's not my style, so please be courteous and contact me if you have anything to say. It's very cowardly to do it on other peoples blogs and yes they always alert me to it.

I know I have a weird sense of humour and I engage in some healthy joshing with some like minded bloggers out there. I don't have a poker face and my moods do dictate what and how I write, the good the bad, the ugly and the plain old funny. Now let's get on with the job in hand.
Skywatch. It's only a photograph afterall.

To join skywatch go to SKYWATCH
The concept was Dot's, the next host WIGGERS WORLD the guardians of skywatch now are Tom, Imac and Sandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL