simple is beautiful
RAMSEY DAILY PHOTO: SKYWATCH FRIDAY- THE BRIGHT LIGHTS POYLL DOOEY
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, August 7, 2008

SKYWATCH FRIDAY- THE BRIGHT LIGHTS POYLL DOOEY

Is it Friday already. Well no actually it's still Thursday and this is a timed post. I no longer trust Blogger with the week I've had!

Oh yes, the pic. Do not try this at home, I am serious! This was very naughty of me. Breaking golden rules of photography with the one. I am too rebellious though, and the scene just begged to be taken. Do not point your naked lens at the sun!!!!!!!!

Wandering round Poyll Dooey Nature Reserve I found a nice bench, under this the tree in the pic to sit and change the lens. When I looked up the sun was so bright overhead that I thought I would get a way with one shot. The rest were taken with the sun not as exposed and streaming through the leaves. A very quick manual shot with a wide angled lens, ISO 200 to keep the blue sky blue and capture the white flash. I angled the camera against the leaves to create the sunflares. You will notice looking back over my images I like sunflares and try and catch the light to create them whenever I can. If I had used the auto setting this image would not have been as vibrant, and the sky would have been bleached. Have a go with manual setting when you can. Have confidence, you really do get finer, sharper hues and lines and it will train your eye on focusing, and perspective. Honest!

More bridge shots in the IOO series to come( the same photographed IOO different ways) and more Mutiny on The Bounty Isle of Man connections.

To join skywatch go to SKYWATCH
The concept was Dot's, the next host WIGGERS WORLD the guardians of skywatch now are Tom, Imac and Sandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL